It's August and I just realized that around the same time last year, I started making the African Flower Bedspread. It's a combination of Cannon and Monaco mercerised cotton yarn. Just single strands. If I chose to make it with double strands, it would have been heavy and chunky. 500+ pieces all handmade.
Red Heart Baby Sheen yarn, but will play with those colors per round (I am trying to justify that this project will require the same amount of work I put into the African Flower bedspread - but really, it's not the same amount of work :p). The yarn is thicker than mercerised cotton, so I get a bigger size per motif (thus making it "faster" for me to get wider coverage per piece).
This is the first cluster. I usually make a first batch of motifs before making the rest of the required pieces. I like seeing how the pieces look like together, and it helps me figure out the color combinations for each row.
Each motif is around 4 in. x 4 in.
This bedspread isn't meant for anyone actually (unlike last year's when a friend asked me to make it for her), so there's no pressure to finish right away. Let's see!